Child rescued from burning house in Amarillo

Thursday morning, the Amarillo Fire Department was dispatched to a report of a house fire with a baby trapped inside. The first arriving engine found a lady in front of the house pointing to the bedroom window where the child was located and a paramedic attempting to reach through the window.

The paramedic had arrived on scene prior to the fire truck attempted to look in the window for the child and was pushed back out by the heat and smoke.  He covered himself with his jacket and tried to lean through the window again to search for the child but the smoke was too much.     

Firefighters immediately dropped their hoseline and jumped into the window.  Moments later, the firefighters brought out a child they had located in a crib and handed care over to the awaiting ambulance crew.  

The second arriving crew made entry into the front door of the home, extinguished the fire and rescued three dogs.  

Officials confirmed the child is in stable condition after being transported to the hospital for smoke inhalation. The paramedic was also treated for hospital for smoke inhalation and later released.  

All other occupants of the home made it out safely.  The Amarillo Fire Marshal's Office has ruled this fire accidental.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post