|City of Amarillo|
FOR A REGULAR MEETING OF THE AMARILLO CITY COUNCIL TO BE HELD ON TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 2018 AT 2:00 P.M., CITY HALL, 509 SOUTHEAST 7th AVENUE, COUNCIL CHAMBER ON THE THIRD FLOOR OF CITY HALL, AMARILLO, TEXAS.
Please note: The City Council may take up items out of the order shown on any Agenda. The City Council reserves the right to discuss all or part of any item in an executive session at any time during a meeting or work session, as necessary and allowed by state law. Votes or final decisions are made only in open Regular or Special meetings, not in either a work session or executive session.
INVOCATION: Mary Margaret Girty
NATIONAL ANTHEM: Kristen Loyd
1. City Council will discuss or receive reports on the following current matters or projects.
A. Review agenda items for regular meeting and attachments;
B. Update on Cross-Bar Ranch;
C. Canadian River Municipal Water Authority (CRMWA) Update; and
D. Consider future Agenda items and request reports from City Manager.
2. CONSENT ITEMS: It is recommended that the following items be approved and that the City Manager be authorized to execute all documents necessary for each transaction: THE FOLLOWING ITEMS MAY BE ACTED UPON BY ONE MOTION. NO SEPARATE DISCUSSION OR ACTION ON ANY OF THE ITEMS IS NECESSARY UNLESS DESIRED BY A COUNCILMEMBER, IN WHICH EVENT THE ITEM SHALL BE CONSIDERED IN ITS NORMAL SEQUENCE AFTER THE ITEMS NOT REQUIRING SEPARATE DISCUSSION HAVE BEEN ACTED UPON BY A SINGLE MOTION.
Approval of the City Council minutes for the meetings held on November 6, 2018.
B. ORDINANCE NO. 7768:
(Contact: Kyle Schniederjan, Director of Capital Project & Development Engineering) This is the second and final reading of an ordinance adopting the City’s CIP which will guide capital investment decisions for the next five years.
C. CONSIDER - PURCHASE OF NEW SIGNAL SOFTWARE AND CONTROLLERS:
(Contact: Michael Padilla, Transportation Superintendent) Iteris, Inc. - Total amount $318,500.00 This award includes: Tactics Software - $96,800.00 Traffic Signal Controllers (100) - $221,700.00 This is a purchase for Traffic Signal Equipment to replace out-dated controllers and software originally installed in 2003.
D. AWARD - HOSTED IVR SOFTWARE:
(Contact: Rich Gagnon, Information Technology) Selectron Technologies, Inc. -- $249,620.80 This represents an agreement with Selectron to provide an Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system for Utility Billing.
E. CONSIDER -- RIGHT OF WAY USE AGREEMENT:
(Contact: Matt Thomas, City Engineer) Bluefish Amarillo Pipeline, LLC (to pay the City the sum of $1,000.00 per year) This item is for the consideration and approval of a right of way use agreement to install a refined petroleum pipeline in the Whitaker Road and Southeast 3rd Avenue right of way. The pipeline is intended to deliver product from the existing pipeline in Southeast 3rd Avenue to the Love’s Travel Stop at I-40 and Whitaker. This will eliminate approximately 2,000 fuel tanker truck deliveries a year.
3. NON-CONSENT ITEMS:
A. MPEV CONSTRUCTION UPDATE:
(Contact: Jerry Danforth, Facilities and Special Project Administrator)
B. CONSIDER PURCHASE - REAL ESTATE LOCATED AT 701 SOUTHEAST 5TH AVENUE:
(Contact: Andrew Freeman, Director of Planning and Development Services) 701 SE 5th LLC - $700,000 plus closing costs and inspection related expenses This item authorizes the City Manager to execute assignment of contract and other necessary documents for the purchase of a warehouse and land located at 701 Southeast 5th Avenue in Downtown Amarillo.
C. APPROVAL - PARKING SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE:
(Contact: Andrew Freeman, Director of Planning and Development Services) NuPark -- Total first year purchase is $102,595 (Approved interlocal with the National Cooperative Purchasing Alliance) This item authorizes the City Manager to execute a systems agreement with NuPark for parking-related software and hardware, maintenance support, and related services. This includes an annual subscription cost starting at $28,125, with one-time hardware costs of $37,235 per vehicle for cameras, printers, and tablets.
D. EXECUTIVE SESSION:
City Council may convene in Executive Session to receive reports on or discuss any of the following pending projects or matters:
(1) Section 551.087 -- Deliberation regarding economic development negotiations; discussion of commercial or financial information received from an existing business or business prospect with which the City is negotiating for the location or retention of a facility, or for incentives the City is willing to extend, or financial information submitted by same:
(a) Discussion regarding commercial or financial information received from a business prospect and/or to deliberate the offer of a financial or other incentive to a business prospect:
(1) Project # 18-08-02 (Information Technology)
(2) Project # 18-09-03 (Transportation)
(b) City Economic Development Project #18-09 in the vicinity of Airport Boulevard and Tiltrotor Drive.