Antifa rioters attack free speech supporters in Portland

This past Sunday in Portland,Oregon, police officers responded to the "March for Freedom, Solidarity and Justice" and a related counter-protest. A group of Antifa rioters attacked about 150 people who had gathered in downtown Portland at a rally to promote free speech.

The march and counter-protest started at approximately 2:00 p.m. in Waterfront Park between the Salmon Street Springs Fountain and Battleship Oregon Memorial. The majority of the people present peacefully practiced their First Amendment Rights; however, there were a portion of those gathered that actively fought with and assaulted the free speech supporters.

Officers with the Rapid Response Team (RRT), bringing a sound amplification system, responded to the park as people were fighting and pepper spray was being discharged by people in the park.

Police established an area for ambulatory injured persons to receive medical treatment at Portland Fire and Rescue Station Number One. Medical personnel with police officers also offered medical aid at the park. One person was transported from the park by ambulance for what was reported as a non-life-threatening injury.

Shortly after police arrived at Tom McCall Waterfront Park, a 16-year-old juvenile male was arrested for Disorderly Conduct in the Second Degree and a felony probation warrant for Burglary in the Second Degree, Reckless Burning, and Criminal Mischief. The juvenile was booked into the Donald E. Long Detention Home.

Officers also arrested 24-year-old Jonny Perez for Disorderly Conduct in the Second Degree, Interfering with a Police Officer and Escape in the Third Degree. Perez was lodged at the Multnomah County Jail and will be arraigned on Monday.

Based on information gathered during the protest, officers cited and released 21-year-old Tusitala Toese on a charge of Disorderly Conduct in the Second Degree. Toese was issued a criminal citation instead of being booked into the Multnomah County Jail because of an injury he suffered during today's protest that required medical treatment at an area hospital.

Officers will continue to investigate possible criminal acts during Sunday's protest and more arrests are possible.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.