ISIS has claimed responsibility for Monday’s terror attack in Manchester. The bombing at a Ariana Grande concert killed at least 22 people and injured dozens more.
In a statement posted on the Isamic State's Telegram channel, the terror organization claimed that a “soldier of the caliphate” was able to “plant explosive devices” at the Manchester Arena.
“One of the soldiers of the Caliphate was able to place an explosive device within a gathering of the Crusaders in the city of Manchester,” the statement said.
ISIS said the bombing was a response to Britain’s “transgressions against the lands of the Muslims.” Pro-ISIS accounts had earlier celebrated the attack on social media, framing it as a response to airstrikes in Iraq.
Here are the latest developments
Children are among the 22 dead; dozens are injured
Man detonated improvised explosive device as concert ended
Attack carried out by one man who died on scene, police say
Prime Minister: Police think they know identity of attacker
23-year-old man arrested in connection with attack
'Evil losers': US President Donald Trump weighs in on attack
Ariana Grande concert-goers express their shock after an explosion at Manchester Arena killed 22 people on Monday evening. They describe the panic after the blast.