Breaking News

Bill O'Reilly out at Fox News: Tucker Carlson to take over time slot

Bill O'Reilly has lost his job at Fox News Channel following reports that five women had been paid millions of dollars to keep quiet about harassment allegations.

“After a thorough and careful review of the allegations,” parent company 21st Century Fox said in a statement, “the company and Bill O’Reilly have agreed that Bill O’Reilly will not be returning to the Fox News Channel.”

O'Reilly released a statement on Wednesday afternoon.

"Over the past 20 years at Fox News, I have been extremely proud to launch and lead one of the most successful news programs in history.

"It is tremendously disheartening that we part ways due to completely unfounded claims. But that is the unfortunate reality many of us in the public eye must live with today.

"I will always look back on my time at Fox with great pride in the unprecedented success we achieved and with my deepest gratitude to all my dedicated viewers. I wish only the best for Fox News Channel," O'Reilly said.


In a letter to Fox News employees, Rupert Murdoch and his sons James and Lachlan, said the decision "follows an extensive review done in collaboration with outside counsel."

"By ratings standards, Bill O'Reilly is one of the most accomplished TV personalities in the history of cable news.

"In fact, his success by any measure is indisputable. Fox News has demonstrated again and again the strength of its talent bench. We have full confidence that the network will continue to be a powerhouse in cable news.

"Lastly, and most importantly, we want to underscore our consistent commitment to fostering a work environment built on the values of trust and respect," the Murdoch's said.

Tucker Carlson will be moving from 9 p.m. to take over O'Reilly's 8 p.m. slot, while "The Five" will move to 9 p.m. with new co-host Jesse Watters. Eric Bolling, who had been a co-host of "The Five," is taking the 5 p.m. hour by himself, though his new show will not debut until May 1.

No comments